Hello, and yes it's been awhile.
I wanted to give you an update on me since I have come off of the refeed program while on the NutriMed program.
I am doing great! I had my "FINAL" NutriMed Clinic Tuesday July 6, 2010 and my weight has pretty much stayed the same for the prior 3 weeks to my last visit. I have around 176-177 pounds.
My goal weight when I stated the diet was to get down to 188 pounds, but now that I am in the 170's I think that I like where I am at.
My wife and some close friends still say that I am too thin (never, ever thought that I would hear that in my lifetime) and I am not sure if I will be able to keep my weight in the 170's or not but for now I am and feet awesome!
I am very, very and I mean very cautious of what I eat on a daily basis and try to plan my meals around what we are doing in the evening. If I know that it is going to be a restaurant evening then I cut back on breakfast and lunch so I do not go over my required calorie intake.
I can consume about 1,998 calories per day and hopefully not gain weight.
I eat a lot of salad, vegetables, chicken, fish, fruit, etc. Red meat does not sit as well with me so I try to stay away from it as much as possible.
I cannot believe the "healthy" choices that I now make eachday, everyday. My wife loves my eating choices too as she is eating the same way I do and has lost weight herself. Not that she had to as she is an extremely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L woman and looks great as she is!
Since coming off of the refeed program I have endured 2 seperate vacations. Our first vacation was on a houseboat trip with famil and neighbors for 5 days in Lake Cumberland, KY. Our second vacation was in Sea Side, FL (between Destin and Panama City) with family and neighbors and we were there for 8 days. I must say that I did very well eating fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish.
This coming Monday I hope to get back on my "pre-vacation(s)" routine as I feel better when I have some organization in my life.
I have been working out at the gym at least 4 days per week at 60 mintes per visit and I also attend at least 1 step aerobic class and 1 Latin Heat class per week at LA Fitness. While on vacation in Florida I ran in the mornings (4 of the days) around 1.8 to 2.0 miles each day. That was enough with the Florida heat and humidity it felt like 5 miles and I was running around 6 in the morning too! Whew, hot!
I have not been back to the hospital for a clincial check up since my last night on Tuesday July 6, 2010 but I have decided to go back for a weigh-in and check up the first Tuesday in August on the 3rd.
I have been asked by St. Elizabeth if they could use my before and after photos and a brief description of myself. Apparently my photos will be on display in the hospital at the St. E Florence and Highland Hts. location the month of August.
This past week I cleaned out my entire walkin closet and took all of my clothes to Matthew 25 Ministries. I did keep 1 XXL shirt and 1 pair of dockers - waist 40 as a reminder. I am currently wearing either a medium or large shirt (depends on how it is made) and a size 32 in pants.
I would recommend the NutriMed diet to anyone if they are serious about losing weight. But I will tell you that it is just not dieting the gets the weight off or keeps it off. You MUST workout, run or exercise in order to get and help keep the weight off. It's not a quick fix and don't I know it. Even with me going to the gym and taking extra classes each week as I have done since my third week on the NutriMed diet it is going to take me at least a year or longer to get my body in the shape that I would like it to be. Granted my body has completely transformed and since I have been working out from almost the beginning it's really not that bad but I do have some "trouble" areas that are going to take me a little longer to get in shape.
I will try to add another post after my next clinical visit on August 3rd.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send them to me at jon.mason@insightbb.com.
Thanks for following my journey-Jon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment