About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 1, 2010

Hello!  Wow, how the months have flown by.  I thought that I would take a minute to update since it has been awhile.  I am still counting calories every day staying under 1,900 calories.  I have not been back for a "weigh in" since August 3rd of this year.  I am planning if my schedule premits to go back next Tuesday November 9.  I have not been on a scale since August 3rd either, this should be interestering. I don't think that I have gained weight or if so, not much as I can still fit comfortably in my clothes!  LOL
Yes, I am still working out at LA Fitness on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings and also taking a Zumba class on Monday night and a Step-Ab class on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings.  I think 6 times at the gym each week is enough.
I will tell you that I accomplished something in my life this past Friday October 29, 2010 as a ran my first 5K.  I ran the "Run Like Hell" 5K in Cincinnati. The race started at 7:30pm Friday night and I was accross the finish line by a couple of minutes after 8pm.  I ran the 3.2 miles in 33 minutes and some seconds.  It was my personal best as it was my one and only to date.  LOL  It was really cold and pretty dark running through most of the course.  The hills were hard but glad, really glad that I did it.  Now for my next 5K on Saturday November 20th at my daughter's high school.  The race is called "Band on the Run"!
I feel really good and glad that this past year happend in my life.  It has been a whirlwind year and a lot of changes for Jon Mason.  I am thankful to go into the holidays and even all the food and drinks that are associated with the holiday.  Moderation, moderation, moderation....Till my next post-take care!  Jon

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jon, I just joined the nutrimed diet program 4days ago and I was wondering if you could pass along all your food tricks as I am noticing that the shakes and soups might be getting boring here in the next 2 weeks lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is, now 4 + yrs later...how have you been doing keeping the weight off since you stopped the re-feed portion?

    ReplyDelete