Monday…
This starts my “off” week as my complete schedule will be changed due to meetings Monday thru Thursday with our company COO and operation managers.
I really missed going to the fitness center this morning and I am not sure if I will get there until this coming Thursday when my meetings are over.
I had to change my clinical visit too from 4:30pm on Tuesdays each week to 12:30pm. Even that schedule is off this week.
I am going to meet with Karen the NutriMed clinical RN/director to discuss my re-feed program starting the following Tuesday May 18th.
This will be my LAST week on the complete liquid diet portion of the NutriMed system.
I cannot believe that I am coming upon the next phase of this program. It is with mixed emotions and a little anxiety as I have gotten so used to the NutriMed diet and not eating that I am a little nervous with introducing food back into my life.
Now don’t get me wrong, I know that it is time for me to start eating again but on the flipside, I am a little skittish!
My wife is very excited too as a week from this Friday will be my 50th Birthday and she is looking forward to going out to dinner to celebrate and that I can actually eat (although, not much) a meal with her.
I had to miss her 40th Birthday (April 19) dinner celebration but I will make that up to her and more once I start eating again.
I am very excited to meet with the nutritionist to get my re-feed program started and more so to see what my daily calorie intake will be once I come off of the re-feed program to maintain my current weight.
I would like to stay between 188 and 190 pounds if possible.
I am not sure if I will loose anymore weight while on the re-feed program as I have been told that it depends on the individual. Some loose weight and some just maintain.
If I would be the one person to lose additional weight and I go below my original goal weight of 188 pounds then I would like to keep my weight at a point between 180 and 190 at all times.
I think that sounds pretty reasonable and maintainable. One thing that I have never wanted to do while on this diet is to be unrealistic and setting myself up to fail. I’ve had my goal weight in mind since the very first day of the diet and now that I am almost there I feel that I can maintain that or even a few pounds less without causing a lot of stress to keep it there.
Tuesday night we are taking our managers to one of my favorite restaurants, Mitchell’s Fish Market at Newport on the Levee. Unfortunately it will be a meal that I will miss and as always have a glass of unsweetened tea or lemon water. In the back of my mind I know that I will be eating there again, fairly soon. Baked fish, crab legs (nothing fried), steamed broccoli, small salad, etc. Umm-mmmm-good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment