Tuesday…
Hey, it’s been a few days. I will tell you that I have missed updating my blog on a daily basis but honestly on the re-feed portion of this diet not a lot is going on.
I am day 7 on my re-feed diet and I am still having a hard time getting the 4 shakes in each day and the 2 meals too.
I will be glad when this week starts so I can reduce another shake each day down to 3.
The only think that increases this week on my daily food allowance is I get another bread/starch exchange.
I am excited for this as I can then eat a bread product either twice a day or a bread product and a starch (potato or maybe popcorn)?
As I said earlier it has been an uneventful week so far. I am getting better at eating again and it doesn’t take me the 40 or 50 minutes to get down a small meal as it did the first two days of the re-feed program.
I still depend on the shakes each day as I they are full of vitamins and nutrients that I still need on this very low calorie intake each day. My first week of calories per day is 726. Still not a lot, but more then the liquid portion only of 420 calories per day.
Now that the weather is nice I have started seeing a lot of people that I have not seen in a long time and all are amazed of how much weight that I have lost and how good I look. I also tell them that I feel GREAT too and glad to be at this weight instead of my old Jon weight of 245.6 pounds. I see a picture of me the day that I started the NutriMed diet on March 1st of this year and I say to my self, “who is that person”? I am very, very glad that I found this diet through St. Elizabeth Healthcare and would highly recommend it to anyone who is SERIOUS about losing weight. I have said many times that it is not easy and you really have to stay focused but if you are determined, then you too will succeed!
I had my clinical visit today and meet with the nutritionist for about a ½ hour and then with the nurse for about 40 minutes. My blood pressure is excellent 110/62 and I even lost weight this week. My current weight is 183.5 pounds.
I feel great and eager to start week two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jon -
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to check in and see how you're doing, as you haven't written in a while. How's everything going for you on the re-feeding portion of the program?
Hope all is well!
-Kelli
kelli@robard.com