About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day Fifty Seven...

Tuesday…
My day started at the fitness center again this morning and glad that it is over. I had a good workout but I almost did not get through it as I was just having a hard time this morning. I wasn’t sleepy or anything else, but it was a hard and seemed like a long workout and I didn’t do anything different then I do every Monday thru Friday. I’ll chalk it up to…just one of those mornings and leave it at that!
I tried to get my day going be getting “geared” up for my clinical visit at the hospital but like every Tuesday you just don’t know what the past week is going to do, either reward you with a weight loss or curse you without a weight loss.
You would hope that another week on a liquid diet is going to guarantee that you are going to loose a few pounds but as I get closer to the end it is hard to think like that and you would even settle for a pound to be off. You hope it’s more then a pound and I would have loved for this week’s loss to be at least four (4) pounds so I can finally get below the 200 pound level, but as I said you just never know.
OK, my week’s weight loss is….another 3 pounds. My current weight is 200.5 pounds for a total loss of 44.5 pounds and I ONLY HAVE 12.5 POUNDS TO GO!!!
So close, but yet so far away from getting below the 200 pound mark. I was a little disappointed but what do you do? A 3 pound weight loss is still a good amount in one week especially 8 weeks into the diet and almost at goal weight.
I closed out Monday as my 8th week on the NutriMed diet and glad my 9th week starts today, Tuesday. I miscalculated my week and thought that I was going into my 8th week. However while at clinical the nurse said that I am going into my 9th week and I get measured too. I have lost 20.5” total body inches with the most in my chest at 7” and my waist at 8”.
As of this coming Friday April 30, 2010 I will have gone 2 months (March and April) without food! It sounds crazy, doesn’t it? I can’t believe it myself sometimes and I am the one living it.
I know my wife will be glad when the liquid part of this diet is over as it is still hard for her to want to go out to restaurant’s knowing that I can’t eat and she will again have another meal by herself. This is something that we always enjoyed together. Trying a new restaurant or visiting a favorite restaurant of ours.
I am not sure if there will be a considerable difference when I am on the 5 week re-feed program as I am sure that I am limited to just about nothing, but I think that it would make her feel better even if I could just eat a salad or something similar to that.
When I eventually get back to eating again we will start with the restaurant “tours” again (LOL) and I will plan my day’s so If I know that we are going out I can save some of my daily calories for the evening dinner.
AHHHHH, to be able to eat again and truly enjoy the companionship that food brings when you are with family or friends. ~~~Bon Appetite’~~~ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment