About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day Thirty Seven...

Wednesday….
It’s just another Wednesday on my liquid diet.
I still feel good and glad that clinical is over again for a week
I think that I had my first craving today since I have been on this diet.
For some odd reason I wanted a Pepsi so bad that I thought about it all morning.
I didn’t get one of course but not sure why I had the urge to have a drink.
For those who do not know me I use to LOVE soft drinks and would have a couple a day, everyday.
Now that the afternoon has come and gone and getting into the evening the Pepsi urge is gone and I hope for good.
I think that I now know and understand the addiction and probably enjoyment of cigarettes that some people have. I assume that it is really hard to quit smoking and always having that temptation around you by other people.
Eating or dieting is the same way, at least in my mind, as apparently this is my vice.
I guess we all have them (vices)?
I have stuck to my guns on this – here we go, wait for it….Damn diet! And still not had a single bite of food since February 28, 2010
The weeks are becoming a lot easier to handle but some day’s it seems like there is a struggle. I guess this is just human nature and being a human, you are expected to eat-right? This is just not natural but can be tolerated for the 12 week duration.
I headed to the fitness center after work today and had a good workout for about 65 minutes. While I was at the fitness center on the treadmill, sweating my you know what off, I started thinking about my 4 pound weight loss for the week and wondered if maybe I would have had one more workout for the week I would have lost more weight. Then logically I realized that this was stupid (I can be that sometimes) and that I worked out hard for 5 days that week and a 4 pound weight loss is excellent. Then, I said to myself, Jon, let it go. What’s done is done and you didn’t cheat, you stuck to the liquid diet regiment, you worked out for 5 days and there was nothing else that you could have done differently. Whew, glad I talked some sense into myself. LOL
So, saying all of that, it is a new week and no matter what this coming weigh in at clinical on Tuesday brings 1 pound, 2 pounds, 3 pounds, etc, it’s the best I can do and I will have to live with it.

1 comment:

  1. Getting on the road to righteous way of living is narrow and stiff. It's normal to experience such cravings on the first part but once you got used to it...it will become a good habit in the long run. In no time you'll be on the right track again.

    ReplyDelete