About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day Fourty Seven...

Saturday…
Last night we met a few neighbors at the Independence Buffalo Wild Rings and had an early Birthday celebration for my wife. It was a fun evening for all. I guess there were around 18 of us and it was a good evening drinking, eating and laughing for a few hours.
Everyone’s food looked good and I enjoyed a glass of unsweetened Iced-tea with lemon and sweet n low.
Now before my diet I would have ordered 12 Teriyaki wings and a side order of potato wedges with cheese with ranch dressing to dip the wedges in and a large glass of Pepsi.
As I was sitting there (and apparently my food mentality has changed) I would have considered the following two options for my dinner choice.
Option 1 - Salad with grilled chicken breast and whatever light dressing that they had with a glass of unsweetened Iced-tea, lemon and sweet n low.
Option 2 – Naked (grilled) chicken breast on a stick with a dipping sauce on the side (so I can control how much sauce I eat) and a side salad with light dressing, unsweetened Iced-tea, lemon and sweet n low.

I think both choices sound pretty good to me. Of course they do, as it is food, and something that I have not had in 48 days!
Now I have also thought about maybe as a “treat” that I would allow myself to have the potato wedges, cheese and ranch. I would need to decrease my calorie intake for that day if I knew that I was going to eat that at night. This would be an occasional treat for me and not something that I would consume that often.
Not a lot going on here Saturday. My wife and I went to Ace to get some pool chemicals to open our pool; we went through the drive thru and the new Frisch’s to get her a big boy and vanilla coke and then we came home and began to work on our pool.
I’ve had three shakes today and then also went up to the drug store to get a pill cutter to cut my pills in half as they are too small and too hard to break by my hand.
We have an 18 Birthday party to go to tonight for one of our closest neighbors and will enjoy the evening with friends.
I am going to workout in the morning at Bally’s around 8 (when they open) and once I leave I am going to Lowes to get some Miracle Grow topsoil to plant the 9 yellow hedge rose bushes that I got my wife as one of her 4 Birthday presents.
My plan is to work in the yard all day on Sunday and then relax Sunday evening and spend it with my family.
Have a good weekend…Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment