About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

DAY EIGHT...

Today was my first clinical meeting at St. E. Ft. Thomas.
I arrived around 4:20 and was called back at 4:30pm.
I had to fill out a weekly questionnaire, talk to the nurse to discuss my 1st week on NutriMed, have my blood pressure taken and my heart listened too. And then the BIG moment arrived….da-da-da-da…the dreaded doctor’s scale-my life long nemesis.
As I walked out of the exam room and headed down the hospital hall I felt like I was in the old Twilight Zone series. It was the episode that the man was walking down a hallway and the further he walked the longer the hallway became almost impossible to get to the end. Sorry went off on a tangent for a minute there and really showing my age too. Does anyone even remember the Twilight Zone?
Anywho, I got upon the scale and I LOST 10 POUNDS!
Yes I was excited and the nurse too. Whew, glad that was over.
I was then scheduled to go to the lab and have blood drawn and a urine specimen taken. My only thought was hurry and take any and all of the blood needed just let me go to the bathroom. The lab technician asked if I thought that I could fill up the cup. I looked at her and said, I could fill up all of the cups on the 5 tier shelf  with no problem what so ever.  She looked at me and laughed. I guess she thought that I was kidding. NOT!
I am drinking approximately 100+ ounces of water each day. Hence the multiple time (thousand) bathroom runs throughout the day and night.
I finished giving my sample and headed back to the outpatient entrance to pay and pick up my upcoming shakes for this week. I decided to only get Chocolate and Vanilla because I needed a break from strawberry. Even though I like the strawberry I cannot get it out of my head that it reminds me of Pepto-Bismol. I’m giving it a break at least for this week and then rethink my decision at next Tuesday’s clinical.
All for all I am a very happy man who is 10 pounds lighter than I was last Tuesday. My current weight is 234 pounds and I have 42 pounds to go.
<<< GOAL 190 POUNDS>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment