About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

DAY TWENTY...

It’s been a decent Sunday.
I have already had 3 shakes today and also worked out on the treadmill for 30 minutes.
I think that I have worked out more then I was supposed to this week as I lost count and worked out six days instead of five.
I stopped by Bally’s Fitness Center (in Blue Ash) and toured their facility this week. It’s a pretty nice place and I like their equipment. I’m thinking about joining and working out 3 to 4 times a week on their cardio equipment and just basic workout equipment. I don’t want to do the gym weights as that is not my goal. I would like to shed a couple of “love” handles and “man” boobs. LOL.
The diet is working and I think that the treadmill is too but I feel that I need a little more help in getting back into shape and I think that Bally’s will help me accomplish that.
I believe that they have a 7 day free pass that I may try before I commit. Their monthly “month to month” is $24.95. I don’t want to spend additional money if I don’t have to as the NutriMed system is expensive on it’s on.
I’m going to ask the Doctor this week at the hospital if it would be OK for me to workout at a fitness center instead of just working out at home on the treadmill as I have been doing.
I can’t believe that Tuesday is almost here for another clinical and weigh in. Tuesday will start my 4th week on the diet.
I went to the grocery store today with my wife for the first time since starting the NutriMed system. It was not bad at all. We got a lot of groceries for the family and I did really well looking at all of the fruits, vegetables, meats, etc…I cannot wait until I can eat GLORIOUS food again except this time in moderation and with different cooking habits. Its funny while at the grocery store I kept looking at all different kinds of food and immediately turning them over to see the calorie content and amount allowed per serving. I do not think that I have ever done that in my life or to be honest with you ever really cared. I am looking forward to meeting in the upcoming weeks with the hospital nutritionist and learning what I can eat and what I can’t eat, or shouldn’t eat.
Now this does not mean that I am going to give up everything or not try a high calorie food if I really want it, but do this in moderation and be aware of how this will affect my calorie intake for that day.
Enough for today, till tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment