About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day Three...

It's Thursday and day three of the NutriMed diet.
Today was another good day. Took my blood pressure again this morning, had my first shake before I went to work and then the same routine as yesterday and probably everyday from now on.
I did go and pick up 3 different boxes of soups at the hospital to add a little variety in my day.  I am sitting here now drinking Minestrone soup.  To my surprise it is really good and flavorful.  Well, as much as an instant packet of soup can be with 90 calories. LOL
I'm very excited that I can introduce a few hot soups into the program.  I feel that I need the warmth of a hot cup of soup in my body.
The beauty of adding the soup is that it is considered an "extra" and you do NOT have to remove one of your shakes.  You are allowed up to two extras each day besides your 5 to 6 shakes a day.
Even with the soup and the 5 shakes each day your daily calorie intake is still less then 500 calories. 
It is amazing that your body can survive on this amount.  I'm sure that is where the 64oz of water comes into play too.
I will tell you that I have really not experienced a lot of hunger pains.  I have found out that if you do not drink a shake about every 3.5 hours or 4 hours your stomach will let you know that it is time to drink a shake.
As I said earlier, today is another good day and looking forward to tomorrow...3 days down, 87 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment