About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day six...

Sunday has come and gone and officially the weekend is over.
Today was a great day!
Did my daily routine…
Blood pressure check. Check.
5 shakes taken today. Check.
70+ ounces of water drank. Check.
I then mixed up the day and started my first exercise routine. Well maybe I shouldn’t call it a routine since I am only walking on the treadmill but I did stay on it for 20 minutes and set the speed at 2.5. Time it was said and done I walked 3/4 of a mile.
My wife and I went with our next store neighbors to the Cincinnati Home and Garden Show and walked around that for a couple of hours too.
After we left the show we went to Frisch’s (I LOVE Frisch’s) for dinner. I had two glasses of unsweetened Ice tea and I added 2 packets of Splenda. I was amazed of how good that glass of tea tasted. This was the first time I had drank something other than water since the start of the NutriMed system.
I combined two shake packets with 16oz of water before we left for the Home and Garden show to make sure that I was full the whole time including dinner as I knew we would probably go out to eat afterwards. This was the first time that I had two shakes at once and it did the trick.
The table consisted of a couple of Big Boys and fries and then a Country Fried Chicken dinner with white gravy and onion rings.
If I could eat I would have ordered my favorite Frisch’s meal which would have been Grilled Chicken Sandwich, fries and a side salad with ranch-extra ranch. Oh, and I could not forget a side of tarter-sauce (mixed with ketchup) for my fries and mayonnaise for my sandwich and then a cherry-extra cherry coke. Mmmm-good. Now that is livin’!
I thought to myself if I can sit at Frisch’s and not eat then I can really do this outrageous diet.
The most that I miss is chewing. Sounds strange but I miss this really bad.
All to all it has been a great first weekend of a diet. I think that I will treat myself to another bottle of water.
Till tomorrow….my journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment