About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Day Four...

TGIF…


Today has been a little more difficult day for me for some reason.
The day started out pretty much like the past few days (typical first week on a diet) but I noticed as the day progressed that I was becoming agitated and I am not sure why.
I had my 1st shake in the morning before going to work and then 3 shakes during my day at work. I also incorporated a packet of soup at lunch time and enjoyed the nice break to drink something warm instead of cold shakes all the time.
My wife called me on the way home to see if I would be interested in going out with some neighbors at Buffalo Wild Rings. At first I was hesitant and said no due to the first week on this severe diet but then I thought that I had better get use to this and decided to go.
Before we left home for the restaurant I boiled 8oz of water and poured a packet of Chicken “powder” in the water mixed it up and headed to the restaurant. We met our neighbors there and as everyone ordered off of the menu I drank my soup and water with lemon.
While they were waiting for their food we talked about this diet as this is the first time that we were together since I started this on Tuesday. I looked around the room at the food on each table and can honestly say it smelled good but I was not craving it and just had to have it. Maybe the shakes & soups are doing their job?
Anyway, when their food came and I had a plate of whole food sitting on each side of me I was still pretty content with my dinner selection of soup and lemon water.
We talked, laughed and I watched them as they enjoyed their dinners. It is amazing how partaking of food brings everyone together. Whether you are in a restaurant or in your own home, the kitchen is where your heart is.
I am now home drinking my last shake of the day and thinking what challenges this first weekend at home my bring as my first weekend on the diet. During the week work keeps me pretty well occupied and I have less time on my hands as I do on the weekends.
I will tell you that my family and friends are very supportative and wishing me the best of luck on this journey as they wish the best for me always.
I try to keep my eye on the goal to get this weight off of me so I can discontinue taking 6 prescriptions each day and just allow myself to feel better as a soon to be 50 year old man.
Enough for today, I think my neighbor down the street summed today up pretty well for me. He said that “crabby pants’ needs to go home and get him self straightened out before tomorrow. Good ideal! Crabby pants out!!! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Jon, I have experienced that crabbiness with the first week of a diet. I think it part of the withdrawal process. Watch out if there is a fight with the kids or Jenny you may look back a little later and know it was all you!


    christy

    ReplyDelete