About Me

My photo
I live in Independence, KY with my wife of 21 years and three teenage children.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Two...

I started the first day (3/2/10) on NutriMed and had 4 shakes due to the late start from being at the hospital in the morning getting my shakes, meeting with a doctor and paying my first weeks fees.
I only had a slight rumbling in my tummy around 10pm last night but no real hunger pains as I had feared. The diet is designed to keep you full so you will not experience hunger pains.  Not a bad first day at all.
Today I got up, took my blood pressure, recorded it in a journal for nexts weeks meeting and had my first shake before 7:30am.
I had a couple of bottles of water and then it was 10:30am and time for my second shake.  I have decided to alternate between chocolate, strawberry and vanilla to try to keep it interesting.
I had my third shake at 1:30pm and then another couple of bottles of water. I have already had more then the required 64oz of water even by this time and yes, going to the bathroom quite a bit.
I waited until I got home for my 4th shake at 6pm and then will have one more at 9pm.  It's hard to get 6 shakes in a day and I may even go down to 5.  I have found that if you drink one shake about every 3 to 4 hours you actually stay full.
I have decided that I am going to call the Nurse Coordinator and see about getting some of the soup packets as I think that the hot broth would be filling too.  You mix one packet with 8oz of hot water, stir and drink.
I actually feel pretty good today and looking forward to tomorrow.  It's been over 48hours (6pm on Mon) since I have had any solid food.  2 days down and 88 days to go...

1 comment:

  1. I'm just starting Nutrimed....I'm currently on Day 5. My initial weight was at 360lbs. I have such a long journey ahead of me, but I know I can do this. My medical team is having me drink 4 shakes per day, eat 2 bars, and one of the Nutrimed Soups. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete